I attended a workshop on digital communications last week and one of the attendees commented that she was not really convinced that social media was relevant in B2B – or stated differently: what is this actually doing for me?
This is the age of social media. You cannot afford not be part of the moving train. Social media is a networking tool. And effective networking leads to sales.
Here are a couple of things you can do to increase your success at B2B social media:
- Choose the right social media platforms that are right for your business
- To get attention you need to create content, content, content. In all channels. If you are struggling, maybe shift some of your advertising budget to content creation resources.
- Do not count the number of followers as a metric of social media success. It is the type of followers you have – customers and influencers – that are more relevant. Engagement is the real metric here.
- Advertising and social media marketing go together well. Use it to attract new connections on LinkedIn or Twitter (and then remember Point #2…content)
- Understand your market’s persona and address the needs. If you don’t know what they are find out and do some research.
- Make sure you have a good website. It is not helpful to be great in social media but your website does not communicate your products and services properly (and think conversion!).
- Integrate social media with all your other marketing channels.
- And finally, no excuses!