When your employees can use their natural talents in their job, they can bring a positive presence to their work and can make a positive impact on the organization. So what are some questions you as a manager can ask to gage what these talents are to then help best shape their roles and responsibilities? Here are some valuable ones from Gallup
- What do you know you can do well but haven’t done yet?
- What sorts of activities do you finish and think, “I can’t wait to do that again”? Or what are you doing — inside or outside work — when you’re truly enjoying yourself?
- What have you done well that you didn’t need someone to explain how to do?
- What have other people told you you’re great at doing?
- What activities are you doing when you are unaware of time passing?